Saturday, June 23, 2012

dream #1

'What do you say?' he gestures for me to get in.

I get in his Jeep silently, smoothing out my nightgown.

It feels ridiculous, running away in the middle of the night in my nightgown, but there's no way I can refuse him.

Without another word, he speeds off into the darkness.

And all the while, I try to figure out what I'm supposed to think. This isn't real. I'm not supposed to see him for another six months. He was supposed to disappear, and yet, he's sitting across from me, pulling the steering wheel left.

All those weeks I spent thinking about the next time I'd see him, never in my wildest dreams would he be at my doorstep. It's too good to be true.

I look over, studying his profile. He hasn't changed, not one bit. It's only been a little over a month, and I still can't help but to admire his tousled blonde, brown hair. His jaw line is just as defined, hard, yet beautiful.

What I am doing in his car?

'When are you coming back?' I ask instead.

He glances at me, constantly conscious of the road ahead, 'I'm here, aren't I?'

I don't ask him what he's doing here. I don't know why. I feel like if I ask, he'll disappear... I feel like, it'll all turn out to be a dream... He won't have really turned up outside my house in his black Jeep. He won't have really thought at me at all.

'Everything's ready for November,' he adds after a moment.

'Already? I don't hide my surprise. 'Am I...' I don't dare finish my sentence.

At the red light, he takes a chance to look at me properly. His hazel eyes glisten in the dark, '...with me?'

'Yeah,' I whisper, the concept choking me. I want it so bad. I want to be with him.

BUMMER. It was only a dream... This is why reality sucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment