Sunday, June 17, 2012

a snippet (of what? i don't know) #1

"An Angel, Black and Blue"

Shapes. Shadows. Whispers of death.
It’s like a joke. Some sort of entertainment. Entertainment of life.
Circling round. A blur of movements.
And just the eyes.
All is just the eyes.
Those blue eyes. Piercing. Intense gaze. Perfectly round, perfectly clear.
But they run so deep. The water looks endless. The previous scars afloat, not yet healed. Maybe never.
And they dance. They dance until the crowd gets bored. And they strike. Hard and down, fast and merciless.
Nothing left to live for. Just the thrill of the ride.
Last dance. Last chance to make a difference.
What is it? You wonder.
Not even I, the author, have a clue.
Dreams and visions. Lives wished to be lived. Stories waiting to be read. But never, never how magical, how miraculous all is.
Never.
Dream it or not. Every night.
Never.
-
Gold glittered in the rays of the sun, glimmering. Diamonds glinted under the surface, the tell tale signs of prosperity.
The devil grins, sharp and cunning. 
Teeth, glistening white. Lips, a deep crimson red. 
Dripping.

I don't know what this is. It's not a story. It's not a poem. I wrote this half asleep, but it's been on my mind lately.

The title, 'an angel, black and blue' is actually from the song It's All About Acting Tough by I Can Keep A Secret.

I don't know what I planned for this. But in my mind, I see a masquerade ball, gold ceilings, gold floors, a curling staircase, and a big, shiny chandelier. Of course there's an evil angel somewhere in between :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment